Friday, November 27, 2009

Living a Lie

Email from a client:
Edee, What’s up? I was wondering if I, or someone from my business, did something to offend you or your staff? If so, I apologize for anything we may have done and wonder why it has affected the relationship between you and I. The last few times I have seen or talked with you, you seem upset or bothered and I am not sure why. Most recently at the Greek Festival, you barely wanted to speak with me or look at me. I hope I can fix whatever I did so we can move on and get back to a good business and friend relationship.

November 27, 2009
Email from me in return;
No, no, no, no, no, no. I AM having a really hard time in my life right now. That’s it. ME. Sometimes good friends can pick that up so it’s easier to avoid it. In time, all things will be make clear. It is not, not, not you or your business. We are not in the same personal social circle but I do consider you of my good friends. Edee

I hate this. I have made a decision to leave but can only tell a few friends and family. I have to make a plan for the Company. I have to save my employee’s job. I have to wait to tell them. Yet I have to continue to work with co-workers at the Company and sell to Clients like I’ll always be here, knowing full well I will not be the person to facilitate it. It feels like living a lie.

No comments: