Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 10: Transatlantic passage

Atlantic Ocean---The Captain made bread today. I studied in the Seamanship book and researched the islands ahead. I just don't know what I'll do when I get to Barbados and even though there is nothing I can do here and now, it's hard not to worry.  There are STILL squalls and it's overcast but at least it is not so hot. Hard to not be depressed in this weather and CONSTANT, ENDLESS, CONTINUOUS ROCKING.

Not like you can walk away and take a break from it. Onward. We are half way there.

Video Diary Day 10: "Hi, it's day 10 on our transatlantic crossing. And we are in the middle of a squal. I've never seen the sky this color so I thought show you. Our sails are greatly reduced for the weather. This is what the middle of the ocean looks like. We are half way. Got 985 miles to go and outside of the rain and the wetness all day on and off, things are all going pretty smoothly. Day 10. Transatlantic Crossing."



No comments: