Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Making the News in the Caribbean

Panama---One of the things I did early on in volunteering with OceansWatch was request a press release. After none came for a week, I wrote my own based on ther web site and interviewing the crew. After approvals from the home office, I began to contact the press.My first meeting was with the editor of COMPASS magazine, the largest sailing perodical in the Caribbean. She was wonderful and already knew our North American Executive Director, Donna Lange from a story she had done when Donna solo-circinavigated the world making a world record for the fastest American female sailor. And this March's issue carried a full page article on our work in the Caribbean!




 Later Mike joined us in Antigua and wanted to do press so he made contacts and sent out the release. We got a nice coverage.

No comments: